Q & A: 20 Questions
Hey loves! I have been having such an amazing week! I have seen such a transformation in my engagement & following, and I could not be happier. All of the hard work is starting to pay off and I'm starting to see RESULTS. With that being said, I thought I would do a fun Q&A post for those of you that are new to my page. If there is anything specific you would like to ask me, don't hesitate to ask in the comments below. I'm an open book :)
1. Who has been the biggest influence in your life? There are so many people close to me that have been there for me through such difficult times in my life, but I would definitely have to say my Mom. That lady is my freakin' heart and soul. But my boyfriend also has made such an impact on my life. When we moved to Florida, I was on the way to making some serious life changes, and he was by my side through all of it. Not to mention, he just makes me a better person! I wouldn't know what to do without my Mama!
2. Which celebrity do you idolize most? Jessie James Decker!!! Obsessed with that girl & her family is goals! I also idolize fashion bloggers! Some of my faves are @happilyeverallen, @amyfuchsia, @nicholeciotti, @laurenkaysims, & so many more!
3. When you were kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? My DREAM JOB (still is) is to live in Manhattan and be a journalist for a big time fashion magazine. I have always had such a passion for the fashion & beauty industry. Even modeling has been a dream of mine! But one of dreams now is to become a full time fashion blogger!
4. Favorite movie of all time? A Cinderella Story with Channing Tatum & Hillary Duff. Literally have seen that movie 5,000 times. And all of the Bring It On movies because I used to be a competitive cheerleader.
5. Do you have a nickname? In high school, people used to call me t-gilks. But my close friends and family just call me TOR :)
6. Do you have any obsessions? Uhm yes. Clothes, makeup, and any sort of shopping. I'd be completely in my element.
7. Who do people say you look alike? So a few years ago when my hair was short and I had a side shave, multiple people told me I reminded them of Ruby Rose. I actually just went to get a haircut the other day and my hairdresser told me I looked like Maria Menounos from E! News.
8. If you could choose 3 stores ONLY to shop for the rest of your life, what would they be? Definitely Forever 21. Then Nordstrom and Victoria's Secret because I have a sick obsession. Ugh, that was hard, LOL.
9. What is your favorite song right now? Okay, this new song just came out called PRETTY GIRL by Maggie Lindemann and I probably listen to it 10 times a day. It's just all about girl power and I love it!
10. Did you go to college? No, I actually skipped the whole college thing. Parts of me wish I would've, but I took a management promotion right out of high school and I've built up a lot of work-related experience that most people don't have at my age. All of my decisions growing up led me to where I am now, so I don't regret anything!
11. What's your biggest pet peeve? I have a few. I can't stand navy blue and black paired together. Other people can rock it, but me.. nope can't do it. I also can't stand people that are judgemental. Inside, I'm just like please stop talking please stop talking. Positive vibes only please :)
12. Are you afraid of heights? No, I love doing crazy shit and being an adrenaline junkie! I'm definitely not an extreme adrenaline junkie, but I love roller coasters, sky diving, zip lining, hiking, etc.
13. What is the best advice your mother has given you? My mom has always reminded me what a true friend is. What the meaning of a true friend is, and how to know when someone isn't your true friend. People have always said "Mom's are always right" and I realize it more and more as I get older. Love you Momma G.
14. What are you most afraid of? Losing people I love. I am more afraid of losing people I love than losing my own life. To get super personal, I am also extremely terrified of getting cheated on. Alex would NEVER do that to me, but it's happened to me so many times in the past because I was always terrible at falling for the good guys, and too good at falling for the bad guys. But thankfully, I found myself a good man that won't ever do that to me. But it still is always in the back of mind almost like a wall to protect myself.
15. What is your current full time job? Currently, I am a receptionist during the day and fashion blogger in the evening/weekends :)
16. Team iPhone or Android? iPhone, always.
17. What about your wardrobe is slacking most? Accessories. I am so picky about jewelry & purses. It has to be AMAZING and I have to be able to wear it with multiple colors, styles, seasons, etc. I don't know why, I'm weird hehe.
18. If there is one thing you want to change about yourself most, what is it? My attitude. I am a very positive person and I think I have a great attitude in all aspects of my life except blogging. Some days are great, but on the days that I really struggle to get a good pic, I start to get really flustered & frustrated, and I just start thinking to myself "ugh I suck" or "why aren't I good enough" I've recently discovered that this only happens when I try way too hard. So I'm going to start reminding myself constantly to just be myself, and everything will be ok.
19. What's a day in the life look like? Well, I wake up at 6:30am every morning. Alex and I hangout with the homies (Jax & Waffles) and watch the news while we get ready for work. He gets home at 5, and I usually get home around 5:30 if I don't have any errands to run. Then we take Jax on a walk, have a mini photo shoot real quick while the sun is still out (if I need pics), make dinner, and then we just become EXTREME couch potatoes until we go to bed which is usually around 10:00pm. After dinner is when he usually plays video games and I spend more time on my blog.
20. What can't you live without? TV. Guys, I watch so much TV lol. Here are all of my shows right now, however, some of them just ended: Monday's are Bachelor and Siesta Key. Tuesday's are The Challenge. Wednesday's are Dynasty and Catfish. Thursday's are Bachelor in Paradise. Friday's are Cabin Fever. Sunday's are Keeping Up With The Kardashians. BOOOOOM.
I hope you enjoyed this Q&A, don't forget to comment down below with
any other questions or curiosities that you may have. Happy ALMOST Friyay loves!