5 Healthy Habits for a Happy Life
Happy happy HUMP DAY! I'm jumping for joy over here because I am SO excited about today's post. And because we're halfway to FRI-YAY! I hope everyone is having a killer week, I know I am :) To top it off, I'm going to share with you my 5 favorite healthy habits to living a positive, more productive, healthy lifestyle.
I recently decided that I wanted to start incorporating more healthy habits into my everyday routine because I was feeling just... blah. I needed change. I would wake up feeling very "eh" and not very energized or healthy, and I wanted to change that! These healthy habits not only made me feel better physically, but mentally too! I actually am still dumbfounded with how much of a difference they have made! But ok, let's just get to the good stuff....
1. Morning cleanse - So one of the things I started to do differently was wake up earlier. I was always rushed in the morning because I would give myself 20 minutes to get ready. I started waking up and giving myself AN HOUR AND A HALF to relax, get a few things done (laundry, dishes, breakfast, pack lunches), spend time with babe, and it has really lifted me up mentally. I also started drinking a cup of warm lemon water first thing in the morn before consuming any food. This really helps flush the digestive system and rehydrate the body. I FEEL UHHHH MAZIN'.
2. Healthy snacks - This one is kind of a basic tip, but make sure you are eating healthy foods! I let myself go with the healthy eating for a while, and once I started back up, I noticed a HUGE difference in my mood & energy. I'm not saying you have to put yourself on a strict diet, treat yo self to a burger every now & then. I definitely do! But if you know you're going to be eating a meal that isn't so healthy, balance it out! Some of the healthy snacks I eat throughout the day are: granola bars, yogurt, carrots & hummus, fruit, cucumber, nuts & veggie chips.
3. Drink more water - It's actually very embarrassing for me to admit, but I never paid attention or really cared about how much water I would drink in a day. I guess I just never really knew how much of a difference it made. But I do now and I ain't never going back! I try to drink half an oz of water for each pound & I weigh about 105. So I drink approximately 3-4 bottles of water a day (16 oz each). This has made this biggest difference for me, and I am actually thinking about dedicating a blog post to the benefits of drinking more water. Stay tuned :)
4. Plan your day - I'm one of those gals that is super inspired by time management & using a planner, but still can't seem to stick to it. So I decided to try a different method. I created a day planner of my own, and I fill it out the night before when I'm laying in bed and relaxed. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but this freaking WORKS! I think maybe because it's a challenge within myself to really stick to it? I plan out my day 30 minutes at a time, and it has helped me tremendously with productivity and time management, while still allowing time for myself! I really enjoyed creating this so I will paste mine here so you can use it. Let me know if you would like me to create one for you, I would be happy to do so!
5. A good night's sleep - I'm saving the best for last. This habit is G A M E C H A N G E R. My sleep schedule was all messed up. Some days I would fall asleep early, some other days I wouldn't be able to fall asleep at all, and I was a zombie the next morning, no matter what. I started using lavender essential oil and it solved all of my problems. I swear by it! When I'm ready to go to sleep, I rub a little oil on my wrists, temples, and my palms. Then I take a strong inhale through my nose while really relaxing my mind and this oil gives me such a calming effect. It puts me right to sleep, I actually sleep WELL, and it is so much easier for me to wake up in the morning. Mine is from Young Living but you can use any brand. Anything lavender will calm the mind and have an immediate calming effect. AMAZIN'.
These 5 habits have been so helpful for me. I'm more productive, energized, and I can't believe the effect it has on my mental state. I've been much happier, less stressed, my anxiety has improved, and I really do just feel more positive every day. My boyfriend has noticed such a difference in me, too!